SmaCC

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Fri Nov 26 16:47:55 UTC 2004

I am exploring the SmaCC package (using it to parse Java source files), but I
am greatly lacking in my understanding of parsers and scanners.  My question
is hopefully a simple one...  Once I have parsed or just scanned the source,
what can I do with it?  There is a collection of SmaCCTokens returned via
JavaParser class>>parse: but I don't know what to do with them.  They seem to
be coded in some way but I have no idea how to interpret the codes.

Does anyone have a short tutorial they can point me to?  The pages on the
SWiki aren't very helpful and the tutorial on refactory.com isn't very
helpful either.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20