Where would I post a BIG project?

Joshua Scholar jscholar at access4less.net
Sat Nov 27 15:03:18 UTC 2004

> > Except for cutting text out word processor that has an optional
Shift-JIS
> > clipboard feature and pasting it into Squeak, I couldn't find any way to
> > enter Japanese characters.  For some reason even cutting and pasting
> > Japanese text out of Microsoft Word and most other programs didn't
work -
> > apparently it wasn't Shift-JIS in the clipboard or wasn't tagged
properly.

>   That is interesting.  So, I guess you are using SqueakNihongo6.1?
> The Windows' native clipboard encoding on non-Japanese Windows must be
> set otherwise.  On thing we could do is write different
> "InputInterpreter" and "ClipboardInterpreter" and use them for such
> platforms.

Yet another observation.  Microsoft Word will accept data on the clipboard
in any format.  I've tried:
UTF-7
UTF-8
Unicode
EUC
Shift-JIS (4 different variations)

On Windows there must be a flag that says what format the clipboard is in (I
don't know what happens with keyboard input, but there must be some sort of
character type switch there too).

The best InputInterpreter/ClipboardInterpreter would check the flag when
available and use whatever format it's handed on a case by case basis.

Joshua Scholar