About removing global variables

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Sun Nov 28 11:34:53 UTC 2004

Alan,
AFAIK, I'm not inventing anything new. I am collecting some concepts and
ideas that I happen to have come across (Mainly Smalltalk +Squeak + UML
+some of my own) and try to cast them in a consistent architecture.
Currently, I am creating and implementing a first architecture and  kernel.
In theory, practice should be straight forward, but I find that practice is
surprisingly hard. The work isn't finished before I can share it with other
people and they ask me how I could spend such a long time to get such such
obvious results.

Mainstream is still to use OS and programming technology from the sixties
(Unix and 3GLs). I am surprised that so many have been satisfied with so
little for so long, and that the many innovations that must be out there
aren't better known.

Cheers
--Trygve

--

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver <at> ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver