About removing global variables

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Sun Nov 28 18:49:00 UTC 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 4:03 am, stéphane ducasse wrote:
> my point was simply that we have 12 global variables in the system and
> that we all know that global variables is not a
> so good ideas so I was thinking that this would be nice to remove them.

Actually, at least three of the global variables are (or could be) class
variables in Morph. These are:

World
ActiveHand
ActiveWorld

And all three of these are carefully managed by the project and event handling
code; ActiveHand and ActiveWorld are really only valid during the handling of
an input event (in practice they often point to the right thing, but that's
not guaranteed).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/