Question: What is the prefered tool for mailing list reading?

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Sun Nov 28 22:36:34 UTC 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:07:36 +0100, Bert Freudenberg <bert at impara.de>
wrote:

> [Even more OT] Funny fact: there is an increasing number of people who
> equate email with a web mail interface. They seem to coincide with
> those people preferring web forums over mailing lists, because those
> are nicely threaded. *sigh*

I use Agent, which handles email threads in exactly the same way it handles
threading of usenet. I pretty much never delete email, so my Agent mail
directory is somewhere over 1.5 GB right now (all my email since about
1996).

Interestingly, it appears the original poster is also using Agent, albeit
the trial version. The full version is very much worth the cost, if you're
using Windows.

Later,
Jon