[BUG] Conversion of String to Number don't check negatives

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Oct 2 10:46:06 UTC 2004

On 01/10/04 18:32, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> I am also happy to see that a "minor" bug got fixed quickly. That means
> that people will not be tempted to call their favorite bugs "critical"
> in order to get them fixed.
>
> Come to think of it, there is a bug/fix in BFAV right now that I think is
> "critical," but it has not gotten much attention. I think that I will
> change it to "minor" so that it will be resolved faster ;-))
>
> Dave
Dave:
Thanks and for completeness about this issue:
In 3.7 exist
asSignedInteger
    "Answer the Integer created by interpreting the receiver as the string
representation of an integer, possibly with a leading minus sign.  Answer
nil if no digits, else find the first digit and then all consecutive digits
after that"

And hope this close the subject.

:-)

Edgar