[Celeste] 1.24 Relased ! [ANN]

jj at objectsroot.com jj at objectsroot.com
Sun Oct 3 13:53:23 UTC 2004

I am happy to annunce Celeste 1.24!
I 'd like to thank all the squeakers who sent patches and reported bugs.
This versione merged the SqueakSource modifications and realign it to
the squeakmap.
The Monticello name is "Network-Mail Reader-gg.10" and it is
synchronized on SqueakSource and SqueakMap.

I plan to continue to develop beta version on SqueakSource, and to
mirror stable packages also on squeakmap.
To the Celeste users:
	*This version is only a bug fix version, but please upgrade to it and
send me your feedback.*

Every developer is encouraged to join to the Squeak Source repository
and to send me bugfixes, requests and so on.
Please insert in the subject line of your emails the word "Celeste".
You can write to the mailing list or directly to me, if you like.

Finally I thank a lot the creators and mantainers of Monticello and
Shout, because their tools simplify a lot my work :))

Release Notes for Celeste 1.24 / gg 3 Oct. 2004
 Bug fix the createDB method of maildb which does not work correctly
when creating a new mail db.
 Some improvements over SMTPClient  by a lot of sources.
 Removed the if:then: construct (thanks to Marcus Denker and Adam Spitz)
Included Patches:
 Merged Squeak source improvements (bp14)
	It includes the following fixes:
		- improve rebuild spam database performance by Daniel Vainsencher
(from dvf.6)
		- more robust decodeMimeHeader (from bp.9)
		- status pane drawing fix
(thanks to Bernhard Pieber <bernhard at pieber.com> and Daniel
Vainsencher).

Some other patches (see Celeste comment for details).