About slugginess of 3.8 unstable

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sun Oct 3 17:40:08 UTC 2004

On Oct 2, 2004, at 2:59 AM, danielv at tx.technion.ac.il wrote:

> So, why don't you write a test for it?
>
> :-)
>
> testForSlugishness
>  self assert: [Browser open "and other stuff you do"] timeToRun < "some
> reasonable delay for that"
>
> True, this will fail for slow machines, but that reasonable.

Actually, better yet you could have a quick tinyBenchmarks test as part
of the testForSlugishness to use as a sort of baseline for machine
speed.  Then, you could test that "Browser open" or whatever only takes
a certain amount of time relative to your sends/sec speed, so it should
be roughly equivalent on slow & fast machines.

- Doug