Squeak PC

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 4 15:00:40 UTC 2004

David Faught <dave_faught at yahoo.com> wrote:

> And for the Croqueters in the bunch, or Croutons as I like to call
> them, they have 3D LCD shutter-type glasses and a head tracking device
> for ONLY $200 or so at http://www.edimensional.com.  That seems pretty
> cheap to me.  The glasses require a regular monitor, though, and won't
> work with an LCD display like a notebook's.
Not to mention that a 400MHz XScale simply won't produce crouton pleasing
performance. My 600MHz desktop version does a crebitable 35mbc/s and
1.2msends/s which is fine - but a fast G5 or penti-thnigy watt-sucker
will do 2-300Mbc/s etc. And have a floating point unit. And a graphics
card with 3D assist hardware. You can't (yet) buy ARMs with that,
thouhg I know people working on it.

tim
Useful random insult:- Both oars in the water, but on the same side of the boat.