Proposal for Squeak 3.8 release schedule

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Oct 6 09:42:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 09:56:54PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:

> After some talking with Michael and Ned, we would nevertheless like to
> propose that we (e.g., the Squeakland people) manage the release of the 3.8
> release under precisely the initial assumptions of it basically being "the
> m17n release" and not much more.
> Please let us know what you think about this proposal. What we're trying to
> achieve is a release that is in sync with Squeakland as much as possible
> without introducing some more "experimental" changes at this point (e.g., we
> really don't want to impose large changes to the Squeakland users at this
> point).

I'm not one of the people doing the work, so my vote doesn't count. But I
think that this is an excellent proposal. The m17n release is a big change,
and it would be great to have this done with a clean, limited release.

With a bit of care, it should also be possible to ensure that the unstable
stream contains all of the changes in the stable 3.8 stream, so hopefully
the work on the unstable stream can continue without interruption.

Thanks, and I hope that this proposal is accepted.

Dave