[ANN]Areithfa Ffenestri - Host windows for Squeak

tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 7 16:59:17 UTC 2004

> Nice work Tim!

Thanks; John & I have worked hard on this for a while now and we must remember
to thank the TK4/Mellon Foundation project for supporting us while we do it.
There's still some way to go to make it fully useful but it is working quite
nicely for Tweak. We'll need support for the windows and *nix VM work and most
particularly for making it be of any use for Morphic.

There isn't any publically available code just yet though we're very close. I
suspect the architecture may need some revision once we actually try
implementing on windows & *nix.

> But how the hell do you pronounce it???

I'm not a fluent Welsh speaker these days but I believe it is something like
ah-ree-ifa fen-es-tree
Note that the word for windows is closely derived from the old french word as
spoken by the last successful invaders of Britain.

I tried to find a web resource that might make a wav or mp3 file of the
pronunciation for me but the only one I found requires a meaty unix machine
(google for welsh text speech) and I don't have one. Of course if anyone on the
list actually does speak Welsh well it would be nice to have a sound sample for
the swiki. And if I chose the wrong possible translations, please don't tell me.

tim

--
(from telus webmail - make sure to reply to the sumeru address or I likely won't
see it)