[FIX][VM][UNIX] utf8 support for key events

Martin Kuball MartinKuball at web.de
Fri Oct 8 10:26:46 UTC 2004

Hi!

Here are some changes for the unix vm to improve the handling of key
events in environments with utf-8 locales. Basically I did the
following:
	- change recode in sqUnixX11.c to use all information from the input
	 event. The result is still a single 8bit byte, though.
	- add code in x2sqKeyInput to check the XIM locale. If it is utf8
	 change the uxXWinEncoding to utf-8.
	- add a new commandline arg and environment variable to explicitly
	 set the uxXWinEncoding.

I added a patch for Makefile.in to make it work with newer versions of
the gnu auto* tools. I used automake 1.7, autoconf 2.59 and libtool
1.5.6. Should be compatible with older versions.

Martin