SqueakMap down?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Oct 8 22:08:11 UTC 2004

Hi people!

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> > 1. Make sure we get mirror capability in place in the next version.
> > (already planned)
>
> Let's move this up a notch or two in the priorities. I'm sure we could find
> a number of people mirroring SM and it would do wonders for reliability.

Yes, I know. Unfortunately my ability to work on Squeak (or anything at
all) at the moment is severely limited. But it will be included in the
next SM version and that will probably be somewhere early november.

> > 2. Tell you all how you can preload your cache so that you don't depend
> > on the SM server.
> >
> > Number 2 will be in another email to the list shortly. :)

I just posted the above btw. :)

> Would it be appropriate to ask people when they open it the first time if
> they want to cache the whole enchilada? (not knowing how much bandwidth this
> would involve etc. it might be naive)

Yes, or rather - the snippets I posted should/could be integrated in the
package loader so that you can easily populate your cache using it. For
example, you can then first apply some filters and then tell it to
pre-cache everything visible with the current filters etc.

> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

regards, Göran