[SM] Preloading cache, less dependence on SM server

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Oct 9 14:19:54 UTC 2004

Am 09.10.2004 um 00:05 schrieb goran.krampe at bluefish.se:

> "This variant dowloads EVERY release ever made, which takes time and
> space.
> I am on a modem so I haven't tested it."
> SMSqueakMap default packages do: [:p |
> 	p releases do: [:rel  |
> 		rel ifNotNil: [
> 			rel isDownloadable ifTrue: [
> 				rel ensureInCache.
> 				Transcript show: 'Loaded ', rel packageNameWithVersion;cr ]]]]

I will add a image with a complete preload to the new Squeak CD.

SwiftCD now can even burn DVDs, so we should put together a DVD. (with
e.g.
Videos and a complete FTP Mirror).

We need to ship a burnded DVD to swiftCD. It would be nice to have
someone
doing that from inside the US. So: Is there someone who could Dowload
3-4 Gigs,
burn a DVD and sent it to an US adress?

        Marcus