Big Bang [Re: Proposal for Squeak 3.8 release schedule]

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Oct 12 20:39:58 UTC 2004

"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Hello all Squeakers:
> I'm playing , learning and doing Squeak from 3.2 times.
> I love the "discover' and "on the edge" nature of Squeak.
> But sometimes the community are having Big Bang syndrome.
> All begins in a point in time what is difficult to say "Hey, this a instat
> zero"
> And now the galaxies are diverging to increasing speed.
> Don't agree ?

:)

> Now we have Basic, Full, Normal, Unstable , Squeakland and border Tweak,
> Squat.

Well, my take on this is that Squat is specific technology that is
intended to be merged back into Squeak. Tweak is... well, it doesn't
exist yet, does it? Squeakland is specifically for schools etc. Unstable
is for development of Squeak. Full is not a branch at all - it is just a
Basic with goodies added on top at the time of release of a new version.
I am not sure what "Normal" is?

So stick to Basic IMHO. :)

regards, Göran