Big Bang [Re: Proposal for Squeak 3.8 release schedule]

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Oct 13 00:19:30 UTC 2004

On Oct 12, 2004, at 1:39 PM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

> Well, my take on this is that Squat is specific technology that is
> intended to be merged back into Squeak. Tweak is... well, it doesn't
> exist yet, does it? Squeakland is specifically for schools etc.
> Unstable
> is for development of Squeak. Full is not a branch at all - it is just
> Basic with goodies added on top at the time of release of a new
> version.
> I am not sure what "Normal" is?

Well I'd say Tweak exists now since it was pushed out lurking in the
Croquet Jasmine release.

http://www.opencroquet.org/Croquet_Technologies/downloads.html

Filing in the mulitple host window support plus pending patch or two
allows me to create many tweak worlds
in host windows.

For fun someone might want to try creating a Tweak Teapot using the
multiple host window support,
I've not quite done that  yet so I can't say it will work. Mind in 5
minutes of poking I can't quite see how
it's done yet, and I'm not sure about the Open-GL plugin support which
is single window centric at the moment.

> So stick to Basic IMHO. :)
>
> regards, Göran

===