Proposal for Squeak 3.8 release schedule

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Oct 13 04:05:22 UTC 2004

Hi Steph,

> ok so this would mean
>
> 3.8 for 25 of November
> beta 15 of october
> 3.9 for 15 of December
> beta 15 of november
>
> Do am I correct?

Yes, unforeseen interruptions non-withstanding.

> Andreas I discussed a lot with marcus and others and I think that the
> communication should be improved.

I certainly agree - if I only knew where and how. The trouble is that when
I'm on the road I'm typically in meetings back to back and only read Emails
once or twice per day (and won't spent the two hours it would take me to
respond to all the ones that I "should" respond to...) So it is sometimes
really hard for me to catch up with the amount of stuff that goes on here
(given that I've been "home" for maybe two weeks in the last two months
doesn't help either...) The best chance for us to talk about this would've
been at ESUG and there we actually did talk a little about it (not enough I
will admit) but that leaves those people out who aren't there (which can be
fairly annoying). I'm open for any proposals that may help improve the
situation - preferredly those that do not require my personal attention ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas