Big Bang [Re: Proposal for Squeak 3.8 release schedule]

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Oct 13 20:59:23 UTC 2004

Hi!

"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Goran, I forget send a BRAVO for you work and yes for everyday use I stick
> to 3.7 Basic , but we don't are here for "inventing the future  ?"

Sure we are! Or at least many of us are. But in this context - I am not
sure what it means.
Given my true ignorance on the subject, how does Tweak relate to Squeak
and Morphic?

I mean, some questions:

1. Is Tweak meant to replace Morphic alltogether in the long run? Or is
it only replacing parts of Morphic?

2. Is Tweak meant to be something that can work on top of official
Squeak, or is it only targeted at Croquet? Croquet is currently not a
"fork" of Squeak, but it may very well turn out to become one. And if
the principal developers behind Tweak are the Croqueteers, it may
perhaps turn into something Croquet specific.

Well, as I said - I am not sure yet how Tweak (or Croquet for that
matter) really relates to Squeak. And since I guess the Croqueteers
aren't sure themselves :) it is all a bit foggy right now. To me at
least. :)

> Edgar

regards, Göran