[ENH request] self class.

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Sat Oct 16 01:12:16 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> writes:

Andreas> Marcus, I'm surprised to see you making such outrageous and
Andreas> ridiculous claims:

>> [1000000 timesRepeat: [Object class]] timeToRun
>>
>> With special bytecode: 514 Without: 579
>>
>> So it's around 10% slower.

Andreas> More likely (given our micro benchmarks) the difference is a
Andreas> factor of ten (message send vs. byte code).

If the importance of "Object class" execution time relative to
timesRepeat: code is so low (10% loss in execution time) in the example,
then isn't it going to be even less significant in real code?

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam