[FIX][VM][UNIX] utf8 support for key events

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sat Oct 16 15:16:45 UTC 2004

> Martin,

> I've used your patches against 3.6.3 VM (with 3.7 I end with missing
> OpenGL libraries), it was successfull (with few lines shift) but when
> I try

Although the maintainer decrys this as "absolutly wrong", you have to
edit "make.conf.in" in the CVS sources to include "XLIBS" as one of the
things it needs to link against... I'll have to pull up my copy to get
the exact syntax...

> Sensor kbdTest

> and play around with Czech characters, I see the codes not very
> satisfying me. I have tried many possible combinations of squeak
> commandline arguments and environment settings. How do you start
> squeak?

I'm not sure what you're saying...

>From X-windows, simply CD to a directory with a squeak.image,
squeak.V3.sources, and squeak.changes and invoke squeak.

>From the command line you can try:

squeak -vm-display-fbdev -vtswitch

It is unfortunate that it is not auto sensing on both of those switches
but that's how it is. =\