Squeak-dev Digest, Vol 22, Issue 20

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Oct 17 07:47:59 UTC 2004

andres

there is a difference between a type system and a typed-language.
The type system does not have to specify the language semantics. A type
system
is just a set of rules that extract information from source or
execution.

Now what we learned is that:
	type system are good to support understanding
	typed languages gets in your way

but you can have a type system to help annotating your dynamically
typed language.
There is no anatgonism. This is just that we should be clear on what we
want to get.
For me I would like to get something that tell me:
	this argument receives the messages of TSortable

Stef