Class comments!?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Oct 17 20:45:47 UTC 2004

Hi Blake and all!

Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com> wrote:
> But we've gotten away from what I perceived the initial argument about
> comments to be: Some people champion commenting EACH LINE of code. What
> I've been trying to communicate is that that's not usually necessary, and
> it's often a bad idea. Maybe you disagree, but so far, I've seen defense
> of "macro"-comments, which I'm pro.

I have no idea why you think that I have ever argued for commenting each
line of code. Or perhaps that is not what you are saying - I am not
sure.

I have only spoken about CLASS comments and I have also deliberately NOT
said anything about the actual class comment itself - I don't care how
short or long or detailed it is - as long as it IS THERE.

regards, Göran