Class comments!?

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Oct 17 21:28:42 UTC 2004

Am 17.10.2004 um 22:41 schrieb goran.krampe at bluefish.se:

> Hi all!
>
> "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>>> If they can't bother doing that then I don't want their code in
>>> Squeak,
>>> because it means they don't care about other people reading their
>>> code.
>>> And I don't want Squeak to depend on developers with such a mindset.
>>
>> Strong words. What about your own code?
>
> Yes, strong words I agree. And perhaps these postings were not in the
> best constructive sense - and I REALLY did not want to offend Yoshiki
> or
> anyone else. In fact - I was more aiming at the harvesters with this,
> not the original authors. In this case I think Yoshiki and/or the other
> people working with m17n are simply so swamped with work that they
> forgot to add these comments.

I don't think that it would have been practical to look for
classcomment when
we did the m17n update: We had to add around 160 changesets, and we were
happy after that was done. It took around 4 hours (or even longer,
don't remember),
and we had only that day. I don't think we could have done any better.

All in all I have, for some people, gotten in a 'trusted mode": If
there is a changeset
from someone I trust (e.g. Ned, Diego, Andreas and so on...) , it gets
added if there
are no conflicts. Just like of they had CVS access.

I don't think that we should be too restricting when harvesting: We
tried that, and it failed
completely. It did not improve the quality of the submissions, it just
did make sure that nothing
happened.

     Marcus