Class comments!?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Oct 19 21:52:58 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Way <dway at mailcan.com> writes:

Doug> Commenting 80 classes might seem a bit daunting, so one approach you
Doug> might take is to pick 10 or 12 of the most important classes in the m17n
Doug> changes, and just comment those.

And this may just add fuel to the fire, but as an old-time Smalltalker,
I prefer the first-person-style class comments:

Rs232Interface class>>[comment]:

        I am the hardware controller for the RS232 interface.
        I can enable and disable the device, as well as set and get
        status information.
        My instances are usually configured with StreamManagers to provide
        CR-LF processing and record delivery.

Like that.  First person, active voice.