[ANN] Industry and Innovation: Carving a New Platform for Dynamic Web Applications

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Oct 20 12:24:44 UTC 2004

>>  He is the father of inventor of Seaside http://beta4.com/seaside2/
>
> Stef, please, if you're going to tack things onto my bio, let me edit
> them first... ;)

I saw ;( (too busy)
But you should market yourself. Marketing does not mean shit.
This is not because out there there are bad people selling ugly,
horrible stuff and broken solutions that we should not
just market us the right way.

> Anyway, thanks for the announcement, and let me also say - if anyone
> has suggestions for more packages, tools or examples that fit the
> theme of the talk (the recent trend towards "boring business use" of
> Squeak),  I'd love to hear about them and be happy to fit them in.  I
> was planning to mention wxSqueak and the other native widget efforts,
> for example.  Stef, in this context maybe you can tell us something
> about the expected audience of this talk and what they might want to
> hear about?

I think that I would be really happy if after your talk people get the
idea that yes there is a complete solution for
web dev in squeak (DB, Versioning System, Form generation, Seaside....)
all the rest is a plus. But I think that focusing
simply around all the tools that are can support seaside dev is already
enough.

Stef