Storing floats, etc in GOODS

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 11:47:22 UTC 2004

> John: I'll skip your changeset for now, not sure I'm comfortable doing a
> major change such as this as I'm still quite new to Squeak. Hopefully
> someone else will find it useful. Thanks.

That sounds very reasonable.  Mostly, what I wanted to communicate is
that I think Squeak has a very capable, infinite precision decimal
class that often gets overlooked (at least I did).  Fraction doesn't
seem to be that class, but it really is.  It happens to print funny
(like a fraction), but that's just printing and can be accommodated.
So wrapping or deriving from Fraction is a fine a way to go.

If someone finds my changeset a good way to go, then great!  But it is
more system-wide in its approach because I *really* need my literal
decimals to do arithmetic the way Fractions do.

Regards,

John