Gcc dependencies in VMMaker

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Sun Oct 24 09:33:24 UTC 2004

Hi Dean,
I have also experienced some problems trying to build the VM with VMMaker
for WinCE in a Win* machine.
One of the problem is related with instantiation of the VMMaker.
The #default message returns an instance for building the image in the host
platform.
So, when you open the VMMaker with the menu, all is ok.
But IF YOU CHANGE (by hand) the last editbox contents with title "path to
generated sources", a new VMaker can be instantiated and provably if you
named the directory for WinCE platform, the wrong instance will be created
(aVMMaker instance).
I hace solver the problem making a subclass of Win32VMMaker.
I attach the changeset here.

Also I have build a VisualStudio project with isolated sources for PocketPC;
and now I have it running with some plugins.
I have trying to build the VM with FFIPlugin but without success yet.
Is it requiered to have a piece of code in Assembler to port the code for
FFI ?
(I have seen a portion of code in assembler for win32 platforms)

I can send you the sources and project now, if you are in a hurry; but I
plan to make a public release of 3.7VM for winCE soon.

best,
Ale.