Odd... Squeak born at OOPSLA BOF? (and 2004 OOPSLA Squeak BoF details)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sun Oct 24 16:47:08 UTC 2004

On Oct 24, 2004, at 4:31 AM, Craig Latta wrote:

>> But anyway, do we have plans for a BOF?
>
> 	The Squeak BoF is traditionally on Tuesday evening, from eight until
> whenever (usually conflicting with the "main evening event"). This
> year,
> that puts it after Alan's Turing lecture, and against the GoF
> Commemorative. Seems like the best time for it again.

Yes, it was also brought up a few weeks ago on this list and Tuesday
after Alan's Turing lecture sounded like the best time.

Unfortunately, for various reasons I won't be making it to OOPSLA this
year, so someone else will have to be the MC for the BoF.  (Ned, Tim,
Avi...?  It's not a difficult job. ;) )  I have every intention of
coming back to OOPSLA next year, though.

- Doug