Gcc dependencies in VMMaker

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Sun Oct 24 15:39:44 UTC 2004

Tim said:
> 'winCE' to appear in the list of options we would need for a winCE
> platform directory tree to be built since right now the menu is built
> from the subdirectories of /platforms. Files in common with win32
> could be linked to, copied or simply referred to in the makefile

> Adding a suitable WinCEVMMaker subclass is a good starting point and I
> suspect some other code would be needed. Yoshiki is almost certainly the
> Man For The Job.

Yes, Tim. It is what I have done and all works ok adding the
 WinCEVMMaker class by hand after seen how VMMaker
 is been instantiated...
The effect of instantiating a VMMaker instance when I have
 only put the folder for WinCE, was that the new VMMaker
 instance created remove the files of directories without
 any notification and it was difficult to know what is happening
 because the instance created when opening
 is VMMaker tool was a Win32VMMaker...
(I don´t know if you will understand,... the implicit change
 of the VMMaker to an instance of a more abstract class
 without notification is not what I expected to happen).

I have searched the web for months for a winCE porting
 using VMMaker, but not luck.
I have built it now and I think that it is working with basic
 plugin support (B3D,File,JPEG,BMP,Deflate,Misc,Socket).
Now I want to add FFI support, because it was what I need.
When completed I plan to make it public; but if anyone
 is interested, I can send the project sources or put them
 where you think it is convenient to be found in the future.
Now, there is some versiones of WinCE implementations
 but all made by hand and not included with the Win*
 platforms as required by people that want to start
 looking at it.

best,
Ale.