[SM] Introducing Squeak distros ;)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Oct 26 20:04:58 UTC 2004

Hi David and all!

David Faught <dave_faught at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Tue Oct 26 00:01:39 CEST 2004 goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>
> >Hi folks!
> >
> >Well, perhaps I just opened Pandora's box :) but I hope not. David
> >Faught recently asked about adding some kind of categories to SM for
> >Croquet making it easy to host Croquet specific packages on SM.
> >
> >So I did that. :) We now have a new top level category in SM called
> >"Squeak distribution". It currently has two sub categories - "Squeak"
> >(official distro) and "Croquet".
>
> Thanks very much for this update!  I noticed a couple of bugs, which
> may be related to this change.
>
> 1. When adding a release of a package, this choice is not available.  I
> guess that I saw in your notes somewhere that this will be fixed later.

Well, that is not what I meant - but this is not a bug. I figured that
the category should only be mandatory (gets its own listbox, must select
one) for packages, and not releases. I think I mean that this is an
attribute that should be for the package regardless of release - but I
am not sure - perhaps there are scenarios where it can change over time.

Anyway, it is not a "bug" - but intentional. :)

> 2. The "New Objects" link on the web interface doesn't work anymore.

This is a bug that depends on data - one of the new objects for some
reason makes it barf. I will fix this with the next release. We had the
problem earlier, but it went away.

> 3.  This one may not be related, but when I tried to edit the package
> description to add a homepage, I got an error that said the package was
> already defined, as though I was trying to add a new package instead of
> editing.

This is a bug. A silly one. The PI field checks for collisions and
collides with itself, cough, cough.
Clear the field, saved, edit it again, save.

> Thanks again for this update!

Categories are in fact data in the model - so that I can change easily.
:)

regards, Göran