Unstable Squeak and ZIP handling

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri Oct 29 23:50:52 UTC 2004

  Hello,

  I know somebody will ask this at some point, because I ran into this
problem a year or so ago.^^;

  In this KomHttpServer case, I'd strongly suggest to change the way
this particular .sar file (preamble) is written.  It downloads
additional files upon installing (which I don't think a good idea),
and the content from the HTTPSocket is treated as a text file (even
though it is a binary compressed file) and store them into local
temporary file.

  I think that #binary shouldn't change the converter.  In many cases,
a MultiByteFileStream gets #binary and #text back and forth, and
surely we don't want to change the converter.

-- Yoshiki