[ANN] alpha release of 64-bit support available

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Oct 30 05:09:53 UTC 2004

For those of you who want to play around some on windows try:

http://www.impara.de/~andreas/Squeak64-win32-no-opt.zip

This is a 32bit VM capable of running 64bit images.

WARNING: The above VM is slooooow - I had to compile with -O0 (that's where
the "-no-opt" comes from) since it seems we're affected by the same gcc
compiler bug (note to Ian: looks like 2.95.2 already has that bug - might be
worthwhile to point out to the gcc guys).

Cheers,
  - Andreas