About BFAV 2.12

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Sep 1 21:26:35 UTC 2004

At first I thought Stephane must not have done a "update map from the
net" or something, because when I expand BFAV2 or BFAV2 Installer, I
see that 2.12 shows up as published.

However, I think I'm seeing the same problem Stephane is.  When I start
up a fresh 3.8alpha image, open the package loader, select "BFAV2
Installer" and do "install", I get a confirm dialog with this error:

"Error occurred during install:
No published release for this system version found to install.
Would you like to open a debugger?"

If I select Yes, an hourglass appears briefly but no debugger comes up.

On a side note, we should really rename the "BFAV2" package to
something like "BFAV2 Core" so that people don't inadvertently try to
install that one directly.  I've even accidentally done that a couple
of times myself, despite being a frequent BFAV user.

- Doug