Squeak-dev Digest, Vol 21, Issue 1

Alan Reider squeak at ajr.e4ward.com
Thu Sep 2 00:30:02 UTC 2004

> So if I want to use MySQL, I'll have to go back to an older image than
> 3.7gamma, right?  Do you happen to know which image would be preferred?

> And if I want to use a serious relational database with the current
> image it would have to be PostgreSQL, right?

I have a version of the mysql package that works with 3.7 (37b5). I made the
changes for the new network code. I had thought that the mysql driver on
Squeakmap was up to date but if not, I'd be happy to put up what I have.

> Which of these approaches do most people use when they want to use a
> database with Squeak?  Or do people use databases with Squeak?

I've written an object persistence layer that works with mysql. It could some
further  development but it's solid, I am using it at www.e4ward.com. I was
thinking of contributing it if there's any interest.

regards,
Alan