Squeak-dev Digest, Vol 21, Issue 1

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Sep 2 02:15:18 UTC 2004

On Sep 1, 2004, at 7:30 PM, Alan Reider wrote:

> I have a version of the mysql package that works with 3.7 (37b5). I
> made the
> changes for the new network code. I had thought that the mysql driver
> on
> Squeakmap was up to date but if not, I'd be happy to put up what I
> have.

That would be great, thanks. I don't use MySQL anymore, so I'm not
working on the driver, but I'll be happy to add your version as a new
release on SqueakMap. If you'd like to take over as maintainer, that
would be even better. ;-)

> I've written an object persistence layer that works with mysql. It
> could some
> further  development but it's solid, I am using it at www.e4ward.com.
> I was
> thinking of contributing it if there's any interest.

I've no personal interest here, but I'm sure it would be a useful
resource for the community. By all means post it!

Colin