[Q][BUG] Why rotated morph change class ?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 2 17:01:22 UTC 2004

"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Now I see what morph dropped was TransformationMorph.
>
> They says to me what this is "lack of consistency" and " a real object don't
> should change class by the fact you rotate it"
>
> And how I don't have clever answers ,here I asking to list what to say.
>
> Edgar

Just by the way, the class of the object does not change.  The ellipse
morph gets wrapped by a TransformationMorph.

The system then goes to some lengths, apparently, to make it appear that
this has not happened.  But it has, and certain ways of probing the
system will let you see it.

Nobody likes this situation, and it seems likely to change in future
Squeak graphics systems.  Class Morph just needs to have an optional
transformation attached to it.

-Lex