Smalltalk in Uruguay

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Fri Sep 3 07:47:09 UTC 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Esug board] New Smalltalk user group
Date: 	Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:39:23 -0300
From: 	Bruno Buzzi Brasesco <smalltalk at walicxe.com>
To: 	<esug-info at esug.org>

Hi,

My name is Bruno Buzzi Brasesco.
I'm new in ESUG. I not live in Europe, i live in South America, Uruguay.
We have SUGUY, Smalltalk User Group Uruguay (www.suguy.org) - only in
Spanish, the page is still under construction.

Here Smalltalk is not much used, and it's almost unknow. But we
(www.walicxe.com, only in Spanish) use it at commercial level.
In our (WalicXe) small software company (we are three) we are trying to
promote Smalltalk here.

We are trying to collaborate with the smalltalk community, so we sponsor
www.suguy.org and we recently made a GemBuilder for Dolphin Smalltalk for
GemStone/S 5.1 (now ported to GS 6.1 and we are testing it).
http://www.walicxe.com/pages/eng/gembuilder.htm
We also collaborate with some universities here, doing small conferences.

Because it is difficult to find smalltalk projects here, if you know about
one that we can help, do not hesitate in contact us.

If it some can add our user group to yours User Group list, it will great
for us.

Regards Bruno

Noury
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group
http://www.esug.org