Squeak & Linucon?

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Sep 4 09:45:57 UTC 2004

Am 02.09.2004 um 18:09 schrieb James Choate:

> Greetings,
>
> I respectfully request information on what programs or materials you
> may
> have available with regard to promoting Squeak through user groups and
> events. I am involved with the upcoming Linucon (www.linucon.org) here
> in
> Austin Oct 8-10. I am involved in a group called Hangar 18
> (open-forge.com/hangar18) what is promoting Open Source operating
> systems
> and environments (eg MSWLogo). Our intention is to have systems running
> Linux, Plan 9, Inferno, Squeak, MSWLogo, SkyOS, & Unununium. It is my
> hope
> that you may be able to provide some sort of 'official' printed
> material,
> mouse pads, etc. in order to promote Squeak.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to consider my suggestion/request. Best
> wishes.

There is some stuff available:

  Squeakers DVD: http://www.squeakersfilm.org/
  squeakland coffepress: http://cafeshops.com/squeakland
  squeakland book: http://squeakland.org/sqmedia/books/order.html
  SqueakCD:  http://www.ira.uka.de/~marcus/SqueakCD.html

But the problem is that the Squeak community has no structures in place
for providing
this material for free. So you would have to buy it yourself.

This is bad. There have been discussions about setting up some kind of
squeak foundation,
but nothing was done besides talking.

       Marcus