-memory 40m is back [BUG]Array(Object)>>error:

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Sep 4 16:11:02 UTC 2004

Damien Cassou <damien.cassou at laposte.net> wrote:
> I think you are right. The squeak command I ran was the one given with
> the debian package and was different from the squeakvm command given
> too. The script misunderstood the parameters I gave to it. Thanks for
> your idea :-)

Right.  I know it's a little different, but the script seems better even
though it has this incompatibility.  The occasional confusion when
someone tries to supply an obscure VM parameter and needs a different
syntax from other Unices, is not nearly as bad as the frequent confusion
when a potential newbie does "apt-get install squeak", types "squeak",
and gets a spew of error messages telling you about image and changes
files.

For the record, you can use the "-image" argument with the script to
specify the image:

	squeak -memory 40m -image foo

Also, as you noticed, you can run "squeakvm" directly and act like a
user of one of those inferior Unix machines.

Finally, as shocking as it may be, "man squeak" and "man squeakvm" do
exist and are up to date.

-Lex