AW: (no subject)

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Tue Sep 7 15:03:35 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 3:39 am, Daria Spescha wrote:

> Do I have to set some specified environment variables or add this to
> path? (The library is in the same place as the squeak executable)

Neither. The executable will use its own location to find plugins.

But the command you would use to start squeak would be something like (fix the
paths to point to where squeak lives):

/usr/local/bin/squeak  -vm-display-null -vm-sound-null my.image

You may also want to add
 -mmap 50M

(or whatever number you want) before the name of your image to limit the size
of the dynamic heap; the default is 1024M.

I start my Swiki using:

usr/local/bin/squeak -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null -mmap 300M squeak.image

You probably should also get the 3.7b-5 VM from
http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/ because it fixes a number of
performance problems.

--
Ned Konz