Incorporating OmniBrowser (was Re: Lessons learnt from been an integrator)

Andrew P. Black black at cse.ogi.edu
Thu Sep 9 14:51:13 UTC 2004

At 17:20 +0200 2004.8.26, Avi Bryant wrote:
>>I have to say, in the last few weeks I've started using Monticello for all
>>my development work, and it is fantastic. Reminds me of using Store in
>>VisualWorks, although of course it is missing a few features.
>
>Thanks.  It would be useful to know which features you're missing the most.

What I have found missing is support in the Browser.  The Browser
should, in  my view, have teh notions of a currently active set of
Packages (which should show up to be selected from when I create a
new protocol) and currentPackage into which class extensions and
modifications of existing classes are put by default.

Without this, I find that I forget to put my changes in to any
package, or into the right package, or into a spelling error.
Fortunately, the changeset keeps track of the changes that I forget
;-)

	Andrew