Graphics Hardware Acceleration under Mac OS X

Jim Benson jbenson at appliedminds.com
Thu Sep 9 18:19:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a G5 Mac, Mac OS X 1.3 running Squeak 3.7 final on the 3.7.5
beta1 VM from John McIntosh's site. I have a 3D graphics application
that runs on a Windoze machine, in both emulated and hardware
accelerated modes.

When I run it on the Mac, the program works correctly in emulated mode.
However, when I turn on hardware acceleration using the term:

b3DSceneMorph accelerationEnabled: true.

The scene displays only the red component. In addition, a DNU on the
method: B3DHardwareEngine>>restoreMorphicForeground:above appears. The
DNU is invoked because of a call to #halftoneForm: which is not defined
in the system. This DNU does not occur on the Windoze machines, though
it is probably an ungood idea to have that particular message send in
there.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Jim Benson