[FIX] Re: Graphics Hardware Acceleration on Mac OS X

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Fri Sep 10 10:23:16 UTC 2004

Am 10.09.2004 um 10:14 schrieb John M McIntosh:

> Jim, when I do  B3DSceneExplorerMorph new openInWorld
> I can "enable hardware acceleration", then CPU goes to 30% or so and
> rotation of the cube
> is faster. So OpenGL does work on the 3.7.5b1 mac carbon vm. However
> moving a morphic
> over to intersect the drawing area results in a DNU. This as noted
> requires the fix as mentioned.

But this only fixes the DNU, not the red-text problem. See attached fix.

Also note that the colors of the rotating cube will shift when hardware
acceleration was enabled. This was only very recently fixed (in the
cross platform tree in the CVS repositiry), so if your VM is older than
a few weeks it will exhibit this problem. This only happens if you used
indexed colors, however, textured objects are fine.

- Bert -