CampSmalltalk: Unstable stream opened for 3.8a

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Sun Sep 12 10:54:07 UTC 2004

Am 12.09.2004 um 11:02 schrieb stéphane ducasse:

> Hi bert
>
> I played a bit with Mantis (I had previously an acccount as reporter
> for tweak) so I was already convinced that this is
> really complementary to BFAV.  Now if we want to use mantis for
> squeak, I think that people should be able to have another status than
> reporter, so that they can sign in.  What is the process for that? I
> could not find the place in the preferences of my account to change
> that.

You cannot change the status yourself, the project "manager" has to do
that. Until Michael returns from his vacation I can do that.

Initially when you sign up, you are a "reporter". Reporters can submit
bug reports, add bug notes, and upload files (to demonstrate the bug or
propose a fix). So this should be sufficient for most people, it's what
everybody now can do with the BFAV.

Some people (initially I'd suggest the harvesters) will be promoted to
"developer" status. Developers can update bugs, marking them as fixed
or closed. Since you are a harvester, I just promoted you to developer.
The developers are at the moment: you,  Marcus, Ned, Yoshiki, Diego,
Ted. The other harvesters have not yet signed up for an account (just
send me an email so I do not forget to promote anyone).

>  I hope that this will not mess with the other projects (that one
> person can be reporter on X and fixer on Y, I'm not sure that this is
> necessary but still)

Status is project-specific, so don't worry.

- Bert -