Some thoughts 3/3: About some look changes

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Sep 12 11:16:56 UTC 2004

hi all

Diego is working on a new look and feel based on his experiences with
users.
You can see a preliminary results at:
http://swiki.agro.uba.ar/small_land/uploads/234/squeak38.png
I should say that I really like the consistent artwork.

The question is how do we handle that? I would like that interested
parties (etoyers and others)
expressed themselves on the topic.

I see the following alternative:
	- (1) using this look as default
	- (2) having it loadable as a separate package

I favor (1) since it improves the general look of squeak and that this
way lot of people can help maintaining it.
But if people wants to go for 2, I think that this is important to have
the same idea (separating enh that should go in and the one that stay
in a separate package).
So again I think that this is important that we have a clear plan so
that diego does not get frustrated by misunderstanding.

Stef