[ENH][FIX] Color picker

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Sep 13 20:06:43 UTC 2004

At ESUG 2004  I was informed there was a problem picking color to make
wonderful artwork.
It appears this is likely due to the fact that:

"As reported at ESUG2004 the choice for color in the color picker
morphic, or the paint tool morphic was lousy. First it was 16 bit
resolution, then it was limited to a couple of hundred colors. I
changed the size to 360*180 + grey scale which gives 64980 colors along
with changing the color spectum form from to 32 bits versus 16. I also
fixed some lingering bugs in the morphic painting tool when it enforces
selection boundaries for the color selection widget. Please note for
perfect color a better tool would be required, one that would allow you
to access millions of colors... "

I also noticed that both the morphic painter tool and the morphic color
picker use two different sets of code to track the mouse location and
the user's choice by using a small circle. Now I fixed up the morphic
painter tool to work correctly, as far as I can tell it was broken in
the past. However I couldn't quite see how the morphic color picker
does it's magic (other than spinning the cpu). So I'll let someone else
fix it?

I'll note having a color wheel, and the ability to pick across millions
of colors via a slider and/or using input data, and/or picking HTML
safe colors etc etc might be nice someday too.

===
===