Some thoughts 2/3: Preparing 3.9

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Sep 14 08:19:15 UTC 2004

Am 14.09.2004 um 07:23 schrieb Doug Way:

> On Sunday, September 12, 2004, at 04:11 PM, danielv at tx.technion.ac.il
> wrote:
>
>> I think that we should also include Monticello as a package in
>> 3.8/3.9.
>> I see two reasons to do this, one short term one long term.
>
> We actually discussed this a bit earlier (although no one summarized
> the reasons as well as you did here) and generally agreed that
> Monticello should go in 3.8.  It's actually in the plan for 3.8:
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3832

I assume you're speaking about the full image, right? We agreed earlier
on that no packaging system should go into the base image, but only the
infrastructure necessary to build one, in particular PackageInfo. I
agree it should make it into the full image which has all sorts of
developer tools.

- Bert -