3.7-FULL bundled with old Windows VM

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Sep 15 17:41:10 UTC 2004

On Wednesday, September 15, 2004, at 01:10 PM, Chris Muller wrote:

> Thanks everybody!
>
>> In the past I've waited for Andreas, Ian, or John (Windows,
>> Unix/Linux, Mac) to build and bless the VMs and have used their
>> blessed VMs as the ones on the FTP site.  I'd really prefer to
>> continue with this, especially since I don't have the hardware to test
>> many of the VMs.
>
> If I may gently ask, what is the plan for release of the blessed VMs?

I imagine that there is no concrete plan.  However, I believe the final
VMs are usually blessed and added to the stable release bundles within
a month or so of the release.

One issue here is that I think the various VM platforms could probably
use some semi-official co-maintainers.  (The lead maintainer role for
each VM platform seems to be a "maintainer for life" position. ;-) )

For example, I know in the past Andreas has asked for help with
maintaining the Windows VM, but I don't think anyone stepped forward.
Lex Spoon filled this role for a while for the Unix VM's, which was
helpful.

Anyway, if you or someone else with a bit of VM experience wanted to
take a crack at building a current Windows VM, that might be good.

- Doug