CampSmalltalk: Unstable stream opened for 3.8a

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Sep 16 08:05:44 UTC 2004

Am 16.09.2004 um 00:54 schrieb Stephan Rudlof:

> I'm seeing some frustration here: that's bad!

Only frustations about what is called "harvesting".

> In additon, some time ago I've gotten an email saying
> "We invite you to re-examine these submissions and re-submit any of
> them
> you believe are still appropriate and should be addressed.";
> meaning to post all my tons (79, to be exactly) of [BUG], [FIX], [ENH],
> [ANN], or [GOODIE] again, which are not obsolete (after checking this,
> of course).

So you should repost them. The problem back then was that there was just
too much stuff to look at. With the consequence that there was no way
that anything
posted bevor 2003 was dealt with. So I suggested not to pretend and
make this official,
so people who posted stuff could do something.

If we wouldn't have sent that mail, nobody would have looked at the
stuff either, but you
wouldn't know it.

Even after this time-out cleanup (everything pre-2003) and *lots* of
hours put into harvesting,
we even today have a backlog of around 350 items. And nobody cares.
Just if that one trivial bugfix
is not added people complain after some time ("this is so simple"). But
the hard thing to learn is that
350*simple is not simple any more.

     Marcus