Monticello/PackageInfo upgrade conflict (was Re: Some issue with BFAV)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Sep 16 20:17:03 UTC 2004

OK, this in fact has nothing to do with BFAV.  There's a little chicken
and egg problem with installing Monticello and upgrading PackageInfo.
I've spoken with Avi and he is working on it.

To work around the current problem:

Manually install MCInstaller then PackageInfo.  When it asks you to
install Monticello, say NO.

Then upgrade the rest of the packages and go ahead and say 'Yes' this
time when it asks to install Monticello.

At that point you should be good to install anything else.

Ken